Electronic Prescription Service
As of the 27th of August the Practice will be offering an Electronic Prescription Service. This means that if you choose, you will not have to pick up your paper prescription. Instead the surgery will send it electronically to the pharmacy of your choice. Please ask at the surgery if you are interested in this service.
Click here to read more
Requests for Repeat Prescriptions
You can request medication that you have had from us on prescription previously and that has been agreed as a "repeat prescription" in the following ways:
- Drop your repeat prescription request form at the surgery, either to the staff on the desk or in the repeat prescriptions box at the entrance
- Fax your request through to us on 0115 949 1522
- Post a request slip to us
- If the surgery is closed you can post a repeat prescription request through the letter box
- If you don't have a form then you can fill in a slip in at reception
- Online via the link at the top of this page
Please note the following:
- It takes two working days for a repeat prescription to be processed so please allow 48 hours from making your request for your prescription to be ready
- If you need the prescription to be posted to you, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope with your request
- If you have never had the medication from us previously or the medication is more than 12 months old or was only intended for one off use, you will need to make an appointment with the doctor
Our practice pharmacist is available two days per week to provide detailed medication reviews for patients on repeat medication. All patients on repeat medication should have a medication at least once a year. A medication review is an opportunity for patients to ask any questions which they have regarding their medication, both prescribed and over the counter. The pharmacist will review each item to ensure that the most effective medication is being prescribed and to ensure that the appropriate monitoring is taking place where appropriate.